Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Trouble

Honestly, if I had hair long enough to pull, I'd be bald by now. My wireless has been fritzing out. It will, inexplicably, drop my connection, and refuse to allow me to reconnect until I pull the (router's) power cord. Doing this causes huge problems with some of the other computer setups, but its the only way I can return to the internet. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know the limits of my tolerance, but needless to say, if it keeps occuring, I will be returning the router to D-Link using nothing but my unbridled rage, and a golf-club. The weather last night was wierd (I'm sure it was the same all over Alberta), quasi-thunderstorms that dribbled a bit, rumbled a bit, and then moved off. I snapped some pictures, and there is literally nothing scarier than listening to the prelude of Matt Good's Tripoli when you're sitting out on a deck with God's wrath hovering a few kilometers above your head.

Wild.

Still no job. I was supposed to get out of the house tonight, but alas. The infamous third wheel must not be wanted. Maybe I'll borrow the car and go get some more computer games to waste time with. Oh, and look for a job.

I'm hoping I'll never have to return to the mall for a job. That place is the epitome of retarded retardedness, and capitalism. Two principles that have never really sat well with me. I left work a few months ago feeling like every third shopper was a scammer and didn't realize it, and every tenth shopper suffered from a mix of aggression and denial (I must be the one with an attitude problem when I don't want to deal with their crap. Yeah, fuck you too Ms. K).

I can't wait until the weekend. I don't even have school and yet I still find myself anticipating the weekend. I had to check my watch three times today to finally get that it was Wednesday, not Thursday. Sleeping all day and being cloistered in a room works horrors on a person's perception of time.

Worst comes to worst. I'll be getting on a train and just going. Fuck this room. Fuck this house. I need out.

I'll probably be out for near an hour before I return home, embittered, and angry.

1 comment:

apples said...

I love thunderstorms. At home we had one once or twice a year. We used to go out wearing shorts and wellingtons, dancing in the rain with umbrellas. Now, different city, different weather. Thunder and lighting all through autumn, lightning like I've never seen before. One summer evening when I was in France, I was sitting outside writing. It started pouring down, some thunder. I realized the heavens were crying so I didn't have to.

I know how you feel about 'needing out'. My life makes me feel claustrophobic. Every day is the same now and the weekends are just there so you don't have to feel quite as bad for not doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Summer is coming though. There's just something about summer, we made it through another long, cold, dark winter and now the sun comes back and layers of clothes come off. Summer's nice.