Saturday, May 14, 2005

4 a.m.

When the fools sleep, I travel through the night. It is 4 in the morning, and I'm just settling in to rest. I went for the night to play some videogames with friends I seldom see, but perhaps the friend I see the least of is the darkness of the early morning. The birds are singing, but the sun has yet to rise. I won't see it again today until it has already begun its decent back into twilight. The roads were empty, leaving me plenty of space to think, and to reflect.

Darkness and night have often been associated with evil and chaos. I find this ironic, for a human has never been burned or entumored by darkness. A war has never been won, fighting in the night. No, night is not evil. Night is the veil drawn across mankinds ambitions, a respite from the ever pervasive destruction we wreck upon this world. Night, and the sleep that we pass through it in, is the time of recouperation, and rest. Evil afoot in the darkness is just the restless spirit of evil itself, which is afoot always, whether it be light, or dark. Crime waits for neither sun nor moon, and neither does the Justice that follows it.

I'm going to sleep now. I will likely not recall this post, nor be able to support or recreate it in the near future. Good day, and good night.

2 comments:

D. said...

In my days, I've grown incredibly fond of the night and early mornings. I can't really explain it, but it's just very peaceful at times.

Geoff said...

I think it has something to do with the fact that we don't have to share space with hundreds of irate and short-tempered fools. The world belongs to us at 4 am.