Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Say Rain

When they said that we would be getting rain, they lied. They lied right through their teeth.

I awoke at 8:00 this morning to the sound of raindrops on the roof. Within 20 minutes of rolling out of bed, the rain satanically transmuted itself into wet, clumpy snow. Snow, of all things, during my summer break. On top of that, it snowed for over six hours. Six hours of time travel back to December. I had to put my resumé in today, amidst the blustering white stuff. The heavy manilla envelope that I was carrying the precious cargo in soaked through, and one of my copies was... shall we say, modified to the artistic. Nevertheless, I got my resumé in and considered, I'll probably be called for prospective employment in the next two or three days.

At around 2:45, the snow stopped, and the sky went from slate grey to painful sapphire. I've never seen a clearing happen so quickly. Naturally, I'm expecting thunderstorms in the coming days, as whenever we get moisture, followed immediately by warm temperatures, the storms just seem to come and never end.

Provided the temperature doesn't drop again.

People have been telling me to get out more. Let this serve as an example to you naysayers. The weather turns ugly when my intentions leave these four walls.

3 comments:

apples said...

why on earth did you get up at 8am??

Geoff said...

Because that's the time that my mother stormed into my room and demanded that I wake up, lest I be left behind, and forced to deliver my paperwork by hand.

apples said...

See, that's why I don't live at home anymore.

That and the fact that seven hours on the bus, each way, every day, would have been a bit too much...