Friday, May 13, 2005

HH First Sketch (Warning: Morbid)


This is one of the first "real" pictures I drew, aside from just doodling. It took me about half an hour per person, and an extra 25 minutes for the right hand of the guy, whom I named "Harold," because he has a british nose.

I know it looks morbid. In fact, I've been told to my face that it's morbid. That's okay, so is life. I wouldn't have a career in journalism if people didn't like the occasional spot of violence. I still need a name for Harold's female counterpart, and I'm open to suggestions.

The sketch was cleaned up and slightly modified in Photoshop, after the wonderfully shitty scan that my all-in-one scanner did. Honestly, I think the damn things were designed to do all their tasks equally poorly. I'm continuing to draw a bit, but most of the stuff I've drawn of late is either concepts, or they aren't fit for posting online. Sorry apples, but this is all for now.

You don't need this, do you?
No, that's alright. You can have it.

4 comments:

apples said...

She feels like a Laura. Or maybe not. It just popped into my head, but a lot things do that and most disappear just as quickly as they came.

I like the text and the way it's all presented. Morbid? Maybe. So what?

Geoff said...

I have some other sketches... this one was just the first of a small series. I have to clean up and darken the rest of them. It tells a little story, you could say.

Problem is, a lot of people don't look for the story, and are just turned off of the violence present in the first sketch. It's sort of like a treat for those who have the wisdom to look beyond just the angsty doodlings of a young man, to see a deeper and ultimately more human story.

apples said...

The violence? If there was a weapon of some kind I'd say it violent but she's clearly not just stabbing the guy or something. And it's clearly not his wallet she's looking for in there.

D. said...

I like that a lot.

I'd like to see more. Violent or not. Preferably violent, though.