Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fury, my lifeblood.

I got the job, and worked my first shift today. In "Majors," short for Major Appliances. Incedentally, digital cameras are considered majors, and it was my job to supervise and sell them. I didn't get any real food today, and as anyone can imagine, it makes me pretty irritable. I think I bear it fairly well, I never shout, I'm just snippety. Bad day style.

Well, by my mother's glowing example, it would be better to just start yelling and throwing things. I "am nothing special," in her words. Apparently not deserving the space or time to relax and ease off the high-stress day I've had. It takes almost too much to hold a straight face and just breathe. Her idea of understanding is reinforcing the opinion that I'm inferior in some way. Fury, like hot lead, is what keeps me awake tonight.

I need out.

I need sleep.

I need peace.

1 comment:

apples said...

You "are nothing special"?

"Everybody's special" is what I tell everyone willing to listen.

Some people need to step on others to make themselves feel good. I'm not saying that's what your mother does, all parents yell at their kids and all kids hate their parents at times (not that you're a kid but we all act like children from time to time...).

But, personally, I don't think yelling, shouting at each other, throwing things or even violence belongs anywhere. Communication, people! Communication!


- hope today works out better for ya