Friday, May 20, 2005

Dreaming of dreaming

How weird is that? I fell asleep last night, and dreamt about getting home to go to sleep. Only the world was screwed up. Nobody could get anywhere without getting in a multi-car collision (likely a play in my brain on the three fatalities in the last week, two of which were caused by retarded drivers going too damn fast). My car got trashed by a middle aged woman, threatening me with lawsuits innumerable. So I started walking.

It wasn't such a bad walk home, in my dream. Somewhere along the way, dinosaurs appeared, and started eating people. Only the stupid people who were afraid though, dinosaurs, like dogs, can smell fear, and will promptly eat the weak-of-spine up. Otherwise they leave you well enough alone, at least in my little 20 minute world.

Just outside my block, the army showed up and started fighting the dinosaurs. Nobody died, but there were lots of big guns and explosions. Interesting stuff. I got home, shucked off my work duds, and coiled up in bed.

I woke up this morning in the same position, my mouth hanging dry and open, and my pillow was soaked in drool.

Lovely picture, I know. The most embarassing moment's in one's life occur just moments between sleep and wake, when they're still too torpid to close their mouth, and think nothing of the cold dampness on the back of their neck.

2 comments:

D. said...

haha. That's awesome.

I too have had dreams about dreaming, or at least about sleep.

Probably because it is one of the few things I look forward too. Which sounds sad, but whatever.

I haven't had a dream about dinosaurs eating people, though.

apples said...

Yes, lovely picture...

The weirdest dream I've had in a while was that I stole a car with my sis, then she made me kill a woman (don't think it was with the car) and we ditched the body in some heaps of dirt. Didn't actually dream that I killed her though so I don't know it happened...

You wouldn't wanna be in my dreams - it's a dangerous place.