Sunday, August 21, 2005

Without Fail

The weather was good up at Westerdale this weekend. It's rained without fail for the last five years, so generally, when the family gets together, it's a soggy affair. Not so this year. I got a whole memory card full of great pictures, and I'll start processing them either tonight or tommorrow.

Being out in the country gave me a chance to clear my head too. You have no idea just how different the mindset becomes when you get out of the city. There are too many people here, all of them thinking the wrong thing. It's poisonous, with some particularly grievous effects. So I breathed the fresh country air, and thought only good thoughts for the weekend. Chatted amongst the family members for a time, and then realized they thought they were conversing with someone named Jason.

Awkward.

I'm not staying long. In a couple of days, my destination will be Strathmore again, instead of Westerdale. I'm taking the Ibanez out there for some jamming, and perhaps some gratuitous drinking and girl oggling. Scratch the girl oggling. I'm just going to drink until I forget.

See you all in a couple days.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

God I miss living out "in the country". Even though the most country-ish I've been is out on RR4 there in Stony.

Going up to Lia's mom's place in the mountains, where the air is a bit thinner, but cleaner and cooler, and traffic is a foreign thing...it was amazing. Granted it'd be hell going anywhere in the winter...but just stock up, ya know?

Mmm...silence. I miss calm silence.

Eerie silence is no good, but calm silence is perfect.

Geoff said...

I've a feeling that there isn't anyone who wouldn't have enjoyed a weekend out there.

It's been called God's country before.