Monday, August 15, 2005

If you're slow...

Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) by The Arcade Fire is playing through my headphones right now. I was at work, and I stumbled across an advertisement on the HiDef TV's. Wouldn't you know it. An Arcade Fire concert on High Definition, followed by a Coldplay concert, also in High Definition. There's one way to sell those newfangled TV's. I still don't get HiDef, as compared to my digital pictures, their idea of "High Resolution," still looks about as appealing to my eyes as a baboon's ass.

But The Arcade Fire to my ears is like nectar to a bee.

*buzzzzzzzz*

That aside, I've been watching the Gaza withdrawal with some interest. I don't know who's fighting whom anymore, and I'm guessing that the people over there are thinking the same thing. Only problem is, they're the ones with the guns and bombs. So, I've narrowed it down to four factions. The Palistinian Authority, Hamas, the Israeli government, and the Israeli supernationalists. As far as I can tell, Hamas and the Israeli SN's hate everyone, and are more than willing to shed blood. The PA and the I-Gov are more willing to co-operate. Some sides are calling the withdrawal a victory. Others are picking sides.

I personally think the whole affair was childish, and foolhardy. I won't take a side, as both the Palistinians and the Israelis are wrong in their endeavors. It was wrong for Israel to suddenly spring out of another sovereign territory, and claim itself, but it was also wrong for the Arab powers to respond with warfare, etc. I'll refrain from using catchwords like terrorism, democratic, etc. It doesn't matter who has the tanks. It doesn't matter who swears to Allah. Dead is dead. There is no deader than dead. There are no martyrs. Just dead children, dead mothers, dead fathers, dead brothers, dead sisters, dead, dead, fucking dead.

That is what I won't pick a side. If anything, I'll speak for the dead, because it's obvious none of you will.

No comments: