Tuesday, August 16, 2005

All Good

Had a doctors appointment today. Regular checkup, and everything looks okay. Now I have to do a fasting blood test, which should be fun.

Not sure why I shared that. People's concerns over my health are generally pretty... erm... familiar , not that I have any control over it. My friend J is probably going to push me to borderline alcoholic, in time, and there's nobody to really stop me and hold me back.*

____

I had a dream last night, and it pretty well scared me. I was sitting out on my lawn, enjoying the warm summer sun, when I heard some loud booms, and some strange clouds form in the sky. Then, suddenly, it felt like I was falling, and I couldn't breathe. Well, the crux of this story is, I actually did fall out of my bed, and I couldn't breathe because I had my blanket wrapped around my head. True story. So remember kiddies. When you're dreaming, remember to come up slowly.

*Well, no one who's not a complete fucking hypocrite anyway.**
**That was humour.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

Yeah. When I'm dreaming, I always know that I'm dreaming. If I get shot, it doesn't hurt.

But falling. That's another sensation entirely. When I'm dreaming of falling, it takes a lot of willpower to convince yourself that you're not actually falling. And the blanket around the head didn't help.

It's sad in the better dreams, because if you start falling, and you don't stop yourself in time, you know the feeling of landing will wake you up, and you can never come back to that dream.

Stephanie said...

I don't reccommend having your blood drawn four or more times in three days.

All they found was that I was (probably still am) borderline anemic.

Asking me to take a multi every day is asking a little too much. I'm not that religious about anything. Except chocolate consumption.

Geoff said...

Well, I haven't heard anything from them. Which means everything checked out normal. I hope. They have been known to overlook minor, but nonetheless life-changing details.