Saturday, August 27, 2005

Inappreciable

Indeed, so as time passes, so too do I from your memory.

The tides have come and gone a fortnight since my passing through these parts.
The beach is clean, and I have left no prints.
I make no sound, for my breath is short and shallow, and my steps are light.

My thoughts are dark and deep, like the ocean before me.
They are turbid and unsettled, like the storm above.
They are light and dark, like the days and nights that will pass innumerable around me.

I live as this planet lives.

Every heartbeat a moment that is both infinite and infinitesimal.
Every blink of an eye, a moment of vulnerable blindness.
Every word spoken, a concept worthy of a thousand more.

With sleep, even then I walk and I think.
There is not a moment where my mind is at rest, anymore.
There is not a moment where calm pervades everything.

I see the world, with all the senses.

My eyes show me the obvious.
Like all living things, it takes time to see through the deception.
The ears can hear words of honey, but only the tongue can taste the poison.

The mind, perhaps, is the greatest sense.
Foresight, and calculation are it's domain.
With it, there is no surprise in your action, and no unexpected turns.

I live, as we all do live.

I feel everything that you feel.
Although I may not see everything you see.
It is not a far stretch for me to understand you,
and therefore,
understand what moves you.

Because everything that moves you, moves me also.

No comments: