Sunday, August 14, 2005

Business, as Usual

Who are these fuckers, and why are they spamming our blogs?

That should be the question everyone is asking themselves. Everyone's been hit by comment spam recently, likely from some seedy resort in Florida, or some other spam capital in the world.

Let me make it clear to you, spammers of the world. Let me pre-empt you even. I don't want anything you have to offer. The fact that you have to ram it into my face using comments on this blog and others, and through my e-mails, makes me desire your products and services even less, if you can believe that. I don't care what your marketing department says, if it even speaks English. Wasting my time, the server's money, and useful screen space, does not translate into some kind of profit for you.

Unless you count this technophile's unbridled hatred for you some kind of profitable incentive, your action just prove how far the underbelly of the corporate world is willing to drag.

If you want to actually turn a profit honestly, consider this. Pay for a small strip of advertising space in a legitimate website that has similar interests to your business. That way, you're not getting in our faces. Think of it this way. Don't call us. We'll call you. If it's the other way around, then you're doing something wrong.

____

Rant aside. Happy Birthday, Stephanie.

4 comments:

D. said...

Really.

Spam does not = anything. It's just spam.

I don't click on anything that's been spammed, no junk emails, no ads no mysterious posters, etc.

It's a waste of time.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for the birthday wish, Raine. :) And the birthday wish phone call, even though I was wondering for a good ten seconds who the hell the man on the other end of the line was, once it dawned on me I was really glad. :)

Trevor said...

Idiots thats all i am going to say.

Geoff said...

Indeed. I noticed the spam everywhere. E had it. Apples had it. I had it. It's like a virus, propagated by the retardedly greedy.

And Steph, I didn't say "Hi, this is me," because every time I've done it in the past, people always think of the wrong "me," (ie. they get the name right, but put the wrong face to the name). Pretty funny, nonetheless.