Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Falling Like This


Falling like this, I sometimes feel the cold, uncaring fingers of this place reach out to try and stop me. It won't stop me. Unlike it's twin of stuff and lies, there is a dark honesty here. It won't stop me.

It will wrap me up in it's numbing tendrils, and make me a part of it, and it a part of me. The numbness within has found the numbness without, and now the two seek to meet, if I let them.

Falling away like this, I feel more than ever, my sense of self, my sense of good. Here it burns brightly, in stark contrast to before, when it was but black and inert. I do not know. Perhaps this is the last flare goodbye, before everything that I am is swallowed by this darkness. And I become a part of it, consuming all the others who follow in my footsteps.

A new concept comes to me now.

Regret.

No comments: