Thursday, August 18, 2005

"God's Peace" Augustus, the Son of Jack.

God damn, what a day. I'm bone tired right now, and have been all day. I feel strangely triumphant for even making it through today, but I know the feeling will pass, once I actually settle into this chair.

Now, I have to repeat this performance tommorrow, and hopefully they'll let me out early. I have to leave this weekend, and I'm being pressured to leave as early as Friday, if possible. That means you guys will have to live without me for a weekend. Not that such a task should be hard.

The drawing of blood went smoothly, in an awry sort of way. They took less blood than I expected, but the fool drawing the liquid life from me kepting bumping the syringe sideways. Imagine a three inch needle imbedded in your arm, and watching the tip play about an inch left and right, under your skin.

My poor nerves were bruised. Anyone who's got a bone bruise knows what that's like.

Yeah. Not pleasant. I've got most of the feeling back, but I'm hoping the 10 or so hours of numbing discomfort was worth it.

No comments: