Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sorry son, you're going into Overtime

So.

I'm scheduled to work an emergency shift tommorrow. After my bloodwork. Because a co-worker has to make a 5 minute court appearance to testify on his girlfriend's behalf about a red light charge.

That was going to be my last day off before I'm done work. Now, I'm going into overtime. I feel sick and overworked as it is. I can only imagine what tommorrow will be like, after I lose about a litre of blood, and still have to put in eight hours. Followed up by another eight hours the day following.

Thanks to J too. I've only told him thrice that I'm gone this weekend. So he goes ahead and puts together a huge house-party, and wants to know if I can come. Hello, earth to Captain Oblivious. This is number four.

I'm not here.

Wonder when everyone's going to pick up on that fact?

1 comment:

D. said...

Being asked/told to work when you've had enough for the week is one of the most annoying things in the world.