Saturday, July 02, 2005

Wake up, damnit man!

So I'm home from work, listening to Bran van 3000. Thinking and remembering.

Actually, no, I'm just thinking. I don't want to remember. Looking back at all the things that I thought were good, there's little markers that I just ignored back then, that really grate my skin now. Little comments, looks, words. I wish I could look back fondly. But how do I think back now, without being bitter? My stomach won't sit still, I've been having trouble eating.

Am I overreacting?
If this was your nightmare come true, you wouldn't think so.

You would probably wake up, in the corner of the room, half-torn sheets wrapped around you in a cocoon, tear stains down your cheeks, with red-shot eyes and a hoarse voice. You would be afraid, hurt, and wanting.

But at least you could wake up and know everything will be okay.
Is there someone out there who can tell me that everything's going to be okay? That this was just a rough spot, and everyone's not like this?

Edit:

Out of boredom, and perhaps a desire to break some more Spammers, I'll be putting up my MSN contact on profile.

1 comment:

apples said...

Yeah, it's gonna be okay. It was a rough spot but it's true everyone's not like this. It's hard, it always is, sometimes you only have some of the facts but it seems now you have all.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I find that trusting is a problem for me. But the harder it is for me to trust someone, the more I know I care for that person. We all face problems, when it comes to matters of the heart, there is no easy way out.

There will always be a new day. Whether it'll gradually be easier or you'll just wake up one morning, feeling you're fine again, that I can't say. No matter how hard it is, you're not gonna spend the next 70 years worrying about it.