Sunday, July 03, 2005

Almost Smile


There are times in the most turbid and heartbreaking times, when I just smile. It's a sickness more than it's a relief. I think very highly of this picture now, it suits me. It shows me that just a picture of sunshine and blue skies is boring, and a picture of dark clouds is just ominous and monotonous. When you put the two together, ying to yang, suddenly it's art.

When you live your life always seeing the clouds, people just get turned off. When you live your life only seeking and seeing the sunshine, you become boring and predictable. There is a balance to be had there, and only someone who knows themselves as well as anyone else can be there. There is nothing wrong with seeking the blue skies, nor is there anything wrong with finding the clouds. It's when one consumes the other that people fall out of favour.

See, I'm not as cynical as even I thought.

No comments: