Sunday, July 17, 2005

Migraine Crush

Had a terrible headache today, since the weather kept changing from cloudy and rainy to sunny and clear, and back again. My head felt like I was at the bottom of the ocean, with my head in a vice, and some kind of leprechaun dancing a tap-jig across my temples, accentuating every clack with a maniacal "tee-hee, ya dirty bas-tard!"

Got home from work to relax, and got called out again, this time by my friend Jason. So we hit the town, and everything was good. We got to thinking about what a psychic would tell us if we asked about our future. Lottery numbers, walking on beaches, happily ever after. When it got to be my turn, we joked that the other end of the line would be split by a blood-curdling scream, and the line would go dead.

It's funny how you can laugh at jokes, even when you know they're true. The future is, as we know it, a vague cloud of butterfly effects and could-be's. Best not to dwell on that great white expanse, and instead think of the here and now, like how I have to be up in less than six hours to work.

I'm tired. I'm looking forward to Wednesday, when I can sleep until I'm not tired anymore, and everyone can just let me be for a time. I need a little break from the people in this city, and I'm sure all of you out there are getting pretty tired of me. Well, we'll all be okay.

To the pillow, say I to my tired head.

No comments: