Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Cult of Clouds


This leviathan was hovering around my house today, expanding for a few hours, shrinking a bit, and finally mushrooming just before twilight hit. Unfortunately, its rain fell elsewhere, so I was left with nothing but dark skies and cool winds. And this picture.

I've been imagining what it would be like to fly through one of these clouds, sans aircraft. Supposedly, it's like falling through really cold fog, with the occasional bit of hail. Definitely something I'd like to do on my own some day. Either that, or hang-glide through one (read as: paragliding through clouds is equivalent to suicide. Do not attempt this).

My day off has ended. Look forward to a few more rants from work, and possibly a rant about the "Bomb Threat" downtown today, that involved a little black bag, some books, a bottle of soap or shampoo, and a whole lot of zipper-lipped police.

No comments: