Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Freedom, amongst other things

I have the day off.

I bought the new Foo Fighter's CD 2 pack, insofar as I've been able to listen, it's been really good. I can't listen for more than five songs on my laptop though, as the constant hum and vibration of the CD fan makes it too noisy to hear most of what's going on in the music. I'm going to have to break out the diskman and soundproof headphones.

Oh, and apparently, there was an earthquake in Montana. A 5.6, if S isn't mistaken. The oddities in this world just keep adding up. Perhaps one of these days, it'll just spontaneously explode. Or pop like a balloon. Or fall in on itself.

Or, favorably, somebody will pinch me and I'll just wake up under sapphire skies on some grassy hill somewhere, after having fallen pleasantly asleep for the afternoon.

As a journalist, my work will be cut out. Rather than bringing the news to you, I'll skip the middleman and just visit the calamity to your front door. It's not very far away as we speak. If it's not more flooding, we now have tornadoes, earthquakes, and the possibility of a volcano to deal with.

One need only cock an ear. The very Earth itself winds like a clock.

1 comment:

Trevor said...

I've looked at their new disc many times but walked out with something different every time.

The world is changing, especially around here, flash floods, and freak tornadoes. Also the fact that it looks like the sun is rising at 1:00am, what’s with that?