Thursday, September 29, 2005

So, I get it now

Don't bother getting up, I'm going anyways.

Anything less than perfection breaks after a time.

Eternally ageless in an age of immaturity.

The skin is temporary. What's underneath is more important.

A life given to save another life is worth ten. A life used to take ten is worth nothing.

The future is an endless white expanse; the past an endless void. The present is a fleeting dream before falling forward and back.

Love is an instant, a flash in the fire of lust and desire. A dove amongst eagles, a rose amongst thorns.

Only the good die young, only the strong ever live in the first place, and only the truly ambitious ever taste immortality.

A person who is alive lives every day thrice. Once in foresight, once in present, and once in regret. A person who is not alive only lives in regret.

Only when your world has been nothing and everything will you ever understand something.

Those who are blind and deaf know true beauty.

The only meaning in life is to live. The only cause of death is dying. Everything in between is your time.

Giving is not the same as using. Using is not the same as helping. Helping is not the same as giving.

Don't bother sitting down. It's just going to change again.

7 comments:

Geoff said...

Yeah, I'll visit your sites...

When you both jump off a building and fall into a burning billboard of your own useless shit.

Get the fuck off the internet, and maybe take an English course while you're at it.

Christ, I try to write something deep, and you fuckers just come and want me to shop for new car quotes.

apples said...

Well I loved your post. And I'm not gonna post any links at all.

I think this gives us all something to think about.

Those who are blind and deaf know true beauty.

How do you even come up with these things? Sometimes it's not even about what your words make you think, it's all about how you feel when you've read them.

Everything always changes.

Geoff said...

Well, I'm glad you liked them. Every one is almost a story or thought itself.

They mean different things to different people, but only certain people can get the real meaning out of them.

Trevor said...

“Christ, I try to write something deep, and you fuckers just come and want me to shop for new car quotes.”

hahha I am sorry man, I read your post and saw that 5 people commented. I figured it would be some good intellectually stimulating conversation. Needless to say I ended up laughing till it hurt. That’s got to be the lowest form of advertising, you should enable that word verification thing, it helps.

Back on topic,

“Don't bother getting up, I'm going anyways.” isn't that the truth.

Geoff said...

Heh. I don't think I'll be turning word verification on. So far, just banning anonymity has stemmed the tide somewhat, but it's fun to vent every once and a while.

D. said...

I did the anonymity thing too, but it didn't do much at all.

Oh, and I'd be willing to be the spam posted here isn't from a person at all, there are bots made strictly for this purpose, which is why it gets so damn annoying.

And exactly why they can't complete the word verification.

Stephanie said...

Thinking about it from a stictly American point of view, it really is a rather genius idea..in theory, at least.

I am not condoning it! I am just saying.

If such a thing ever starts happening on LiveJournal I'm sure I'll go crazy.