Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tuned, but there is no Perfection

So I tuned up the guitar today. From C to E, as it's supposed to be. It's a big difference, playing the guitar with the strings tight, as opposed to somewhat lax, as they are in C tuning. Tighter strings also make for a much cleaner sound (and less rattling).

Still haven't found a reliable means of recording the noise though. My MP3 player's sound recorder is an absolute piece of shit, and I don't really have any means of hooking amp right to laptop.

I'm hoping for a better week as well. It just stopped raining outside, but the forecast calls for showers going right until Tuesday. So it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time indoors. With the family. Sometimes I think if I didn't have a guitar and an internet connection, I'd snap.

But anyway, I'm going to jam for a bit longer, before returning to WoW. Met Ryan online; sadistic bastard that he is, killing all those helpless little bunnies. At least he made up for it with drive-by blessings.

Off I go then.

I've got a friend, as his name's Roy...

1 comment:

Trevor said...

Internet is a good thing as much as it is bad. Imagine what would we do with our time if we didn’t spend sitting in front of a PC.

Also if you decide to get somewhat serious about recording your music, I highly recommend this Maudio – PC/Guitar/Mic Interface.
Then you just need to find yourself some a good multi-track recording program.

Keep jamming and maybe ill spend some time trying to get Wow up and running and join in.