Thursday, September 08, 2005

Where are you?

I can't speak. My vocal cords are pretty much shot, I was yelling so loud at that concert. I'm a day behind in my work now, but honestly, it was worth it.

On top of that, a good friend of mine got some shots at the concert, and he's willing to loan me one, provided that it be low resolution, and watermarked, and I give him proper credit. He's a photographer by trade, so every one of his pictures he protects, because it's his lifeblood.

The music was awesome as well. A good mix of old and new. They even played Starseed and Naveed, which surprised me. This was supposed to be a promotional tour for their new CD, and yet they played their oldest (and in my opinion, their best) music.

Well, more to come soon.

5 comments:

Geoff said...

Well, if they're in your area, you'd better go out and see them. The band almost broke up during the recording of this album, so every concert you can get to, you probably should.

D. said...

Hey, better their old stuff than that crap song they are passing off as a single, these days.

Never liked them. Never will.

"in repair" is pretty much the only song of theirs that I enjoy.

did they play THAT?

Geoff said...

They sure fucking did. And they rocked it out too. That's the one that blew my ear drums out.

Trevor said...

"Hey, better their old stuff than that crap song they are passing off as a single, these days."

what??? their new song is awesome. It is getting overplayed though almost to the point of hating it.

OLP were awesome up till Gravity, i dont like that album at all, which makes me leary to buy any of their new stuff. Which i might depending on what their future radio release sounds like.

Geoff said...

They've got samples on their website if you don't trust them by reputation anymore. It's still more mainstream than their old stuff, but a marked improvement over Gravity, which was a universal flop.