Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Put your head to the Dirt

Celebrity Worship. It's something we're throwing around the office today, possibly for an editorial.

I remember thinking about this when I was a young, naive little boy. Being outraged at people's shenanigans when it came to the pretty faces of hollywood and music.

I can't bring that self-rightous rage up anymore. It's barely even a spark, against this kind of jaded knowledge that I've accumulated. I'm not surprised by people anymore, probably less so every day. But I still wonder what makes a celebrity, and what makes them so worthy to be oggled over?

Meaningless thoughts, I understand, as people will always follow their percieved idols. People like to worship. It makes them feel like they're appreciating someone, and I guess there's kind of a warm feeling associated with that.

Problem is, it's like booze. It's too easy to go overboard and get drunk off the feeling that you're appreciating someone. It can get way out of control, to the point that you're actually annoying the one you idolize, or worse yet. You think that they should appreciate you back.

Crazy. People are crazy.

No comments: