Saturday, October 22, 2005

Aural Raid

I've finally got some sound bits recorded from my guitar today. I've encountered two major problems though. The mic I was using sucks worse than a politician in a game of truth or dare, and the software I was using to record was a "trial" version, meaning all the major features have been stripped out, and they secretly made it so that one could only record for a total of 40 seconds.

Great. 40 seconds of what, you might ask? Well, basically me warming up in the guitar. And here, I encountered a third problem. I have no place to put the music on my blog.

Oh well. I'll figure something out.

In other news, I've been introduced to the band Air, by my friend Lisa. They are an instant favorite, and if you don't like the music, you can at least play pong and make-a-song on their site.

I seriously need to find me one of those monkeys. Chicks dig that kind of stuff.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

We dig what?

Geoff said...

Go to the Air website, and launch the music video (under Clips), called Sexy Boy. You'll see what I mean.

D. said...

if you're using an actual mic to record guitar, it's going to sound a bit like ass no matter how good the mic itself is.

you need to use the output on your amp and plug that directly into your computer. Trevor gave me some little thing that allowed me to do so.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, and you're already doing that.

Also, mine came with a simple, but great program called "creative wave studio" which works pretty great, so see if you have that. I think it came with my soundcard.

Geoff said...

Naw, I don't have the little box thing to connect directly to the internet. I'll probably be getting/ordering one when I get back.

Right now, I'm using a little No-Name microphone that I kinda clip onto the amp. I'm not ashamed to say it's more than a little piece of shit.

As for software, I'm probably going to have to get a Mac in the coming months, and with Macs, comes Garage Band. Yessss.