Thursday, March 30, 2006

If I stare at breasts long enough...

...maybe I can go fondle somebody and get away with it.

At least, this is the latest crazy logic to precipitate out of the shit-storm that's roiling over the Catholic bishops and their molestation of kids. It's not officially endorsed by the Catholic Church yet, but apparently hidden messages in religious art manipulated the subconscious of the bishops into believing they should have sexual relationships with kids.

Yes, you saw right. They're making a movie on it, replete with "experts," etc. I'm sure though, if I wanted to prove pigs fly and the collected flatulence of all the beer-swilling football jocks makes the world go 'round, I could probably find "experts" for that too. Frankly, the thought that bits and pieces of art made a bunch of Bishops do these things to kids, and then using it as an excuse for their activities just burns me to no end.

The trailer includes a quote mentioning that the subconscious is a powerful thing. Don't get me wrong, it is. Dreams can be very powerful, but the subconscious is called the subconscious for a reason. It is beneath rational thought. It is overridden during the waking hours, and plays very little into actual decision-making. Notions, deja-vu, and quasi-understanding are all realms of the subconscious. Deciding to molest little kids is not.

However, I doubt any of that will be brought up. Religious institutions have never been known to take responsibility for the misdeeds that fall under their wing.

Because, you know... apparently the crusades weren't run by Christians.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is seriously fucked up.

Geoff said...

Can I get an amen?

D. said...

IDIOTS.

apples said...

quite frankly I didn't expect any less from them...