Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bright Lights

The city was foggy today. Not the misty blue-gray fog of the river, but a ghastly yellow-brown smog. It seems that even the fog has been corrupted around here.

Tommorrow (or rather today. Look at the time!) marks my second last day of practicum. In retrospect, it's been a rather enjoyable two weeks. Sans the insanity, the stress, and tension, and the untensioning. Next week will see me return to the college for classes, wondering once again why I'm wasting my time and someone else's money learning nothing at all, and being failed for it.

Life just sucks like that sometimes. You're never quite sure what you're supposed to do, but somebody tells you you're doing it wrong.

Do I want to be a journalist in the future? We'll see. Will I apply what I've learned as a journalist in the future? Fucking rights I will.

Today, it just struck me as I was coming home. You know what I hate? Those pricks who drive those new yuppy cars with the super-bright headlights. They always seem to follow too close, or stop at the lights right across from me. I hate getting those fucking lights right in my face. They make my blind and crazy! Just like a flabby old man doing jumping jacks in a speedo!

Sorry folks. But the imagery was necessary.

4 comments:

D. said...

I fucking hate those headlights too.

They aren't even fucking high beams and they are bright as fuck.

And I drive so often at night that it's a REAL pain in the ass.

Fucking yuppies.

apples said...

I hate people who don't go *blink blink blink* before the turn...


As for wasting my time and someone else's money... umm... good for you? I'm wasting my time and money I'll have to pay back in four years.

Did I mention I loathe loans?

Stephanie said...

Those headlights do suck when you're forced to have them in your eyes, but I imagine that if you're the driver of the car, you'd love them. Also they're not only on higher-end vehicles, I don't think. I think they're well on their way to becoming the standard.

Geoff said...

You... whore.