Saturday, March 18, 2006

Drive By Sleeping

I've finally made it home again, after a long and ultimately disappointing St. Patricks Day swoiree.

Safe and sound, I'm back in my little quiet corner. I'm... tired. I've been running on pretty much empty for the last two weeks. For those out there who are always ragging on journalists for stupid things like accuracy, integrity, and bias, just think. I've gone the whole last week on one meal a day. I don't drink coffee, and most nights I would only sleep maybe six hours tops. While this is nothing compared to what's going on in the third world, just think. Would you like to lash those who sacrifice their comforts for your entertainment and education? If your answer is yes... well, fuck you.

I think I've lost maybe... 5 pounds this week. That's all fine and good, except... where the fuck do I lose 5 pounds from? It's not like I've exactly got a surplus here.

All I want to do is sleep. Maybe have a couple of nice dreams in there. Haven't had too many of those recently, and life has been... well. Usual.

On a side note, I can't stand Guiness. I can't stand Baileys, and I can't stand Jamieson's Irish Whiskey. I can however, stand the three being combined in an unholy alliance. Drinkers know the demon of which I speak. It's called...

The Irish Car Bomb.

Indeed. I had more than one the past night. And they have been sworn in as an official birthday shot.

Feel better everyone. Geoff's home.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes...and mine is one of the most simple of all.

I almost bought a whole set of clear ones that do the same thing, only each one was a different colour of the rainbow.

I LOVE shot glasses. Lord knows why.

That drink sounds positively nasty. I'd try it, since I'll try any drink at least once, but I dunno...

Geoff said...

I only eat one meal a day quite often.

I think Dan does the same.


Well, actually... come to think of it, that would explain a bit.

Do you guys graze a bit though?
I sometimes nibble throughout the day, but fuck. I hate when I have to one-meal a day. I don't really get hungry, but I just get fucking drained.

Stephanie said...

Protein boys!!

Geoff said...

Might I recommend something?

If you can stomach their nastiness, try an Eat-More bar. It's the closest thing I've found to a meal replacement.

Narsty? Yes. Filling? Definitely. Healthy? More or less.