Sunday, March 26, 2006

No Title This Time

It's always amused me when people talk.

I love how if I do something wrong and I blame myself, there's immediately a chorus of people telling me it wasn't my fault...

and yet,

When I say something is somebody elses fault, people turn around and says I should take responsibility for what happens.

Hate me up until a point that I hate myself, and then draw the line and feel sorry. Anyone who says they don't have two faces is lying. Because everyone's got that remorseless self-preserving instinct, and everyone also has the capacity for empathy and compassion.

Those who deny one and accept the other are lying to themselves, and those who bear both at the same time live in a world of insane juxtaposition, where people stab with one hand and shake with the other.

The only absolution is that nothing is absolute, nothing is permanent. Empires rise and fall, we are born and die, and the sun must set before it can rise. This is the way of things, but in their mortal lives, humankind has tried time and again to create something that outlives itself.

Failing everytime with the fall of each dynasty. But of course, if we blame ourselves, it's not our fault, and if we blame someone else, we're just not taking enough responsibility.

No comments: