Monday, March 20, 2006

Sunday Spoils

Slept until 2:00 today. What a fucking relief. Except for... you know, the pounding migraine that greeted me when I rose from my slumber.

The weather's cleared off. Not for long, but long enough for the pressure to rise (and the pressure inside my skull to increase as a proportional result).

So, allow me to describe my week for those of you who are so morbidly interested in my recent two week disappearance.

I was on practicum at the Calgary Sun. If they haven't sued me by now, I doubt they will, but anyway, I digress.
My time there was rather enjoyable and productive. I sat at a desk, most of the time. Nothing too fancy. I had a computer and a phone, and I put calls out, and wrote my short articles on the computer (which happened to be an old Mac, running OS 9, typical of most newspapers).
Occassionally, I would get called on to run out and investigate a story.

But as many of you have noticed, I haven't been around. Well, the job was fairly time consuming, mostly on the part of me because I'm a student in a strange office.

But anyway, I'm back now. I've resumed my on-line life, and can be found at the usual places.

Now, just one question remains to be answered...

Who ate all the donuts?

4 comments:

apples said...

You were away?

I hardly noticed... :)

Stephanie said...

I do not like OS9 and I fucking HATE it when a program wants to open up in OS9 on my computer.

WHY they have been keeping OS9 on the macs is beyond me.

So dumb. So dumb. So dumb.

E said...

Welcome back, yo!

Geoff said...

Thanks muchly, everyone involved.

Hehe, apples, I can't decide whether to be thrilled or disappointed.

:p I'll go with the former.