Saturday, January 14, 2006

You sick motherfuckers

Pardon my francois.

I just read this.

The SWAT team just shot a kid. In the head. For pointing a gun (a BB gun no less) at a deputy. The kid hadn't pulled the trigger, and I'm guessing the deputy was wearing a kevlar vest. And yet a SWAT member still felt compelled to off the kid. Even after the parents had been in touch with the police, and told them that they believed their son didn't have a real gun.

Is this a WoMD in Iraq complex or something? I mean, who the fuck shoots a kid in the head when you already know the gun is fake, and he's having a mental breakdown? He's had the opportunity to shoot several students already, so why hasn't he? Goddamn it. It's like the whole goddamn world's gone brain-dead and can't add 2+2 in a crisis situation.

This really riles me. This kid was similar to me at that age in many ways, and he's also similar to many other kids. He's discontent with his life. He was expecting to die. Little did he know that the imbicilic meatwads would go and prove him right. Having sat across the table from RCMP and city police, I can say they're human. I know they make mistakes. But this mistake is just too bloody stupid to just write off. I don't care about shoot-to-kill training. I don't care about protecting the public. A kid curled up in the bathroom with a BB gun is not a fucking threat to the public!

A president running around with thousands of nuclear weapons is a threat to the public!
A mob boss pressing a black market of assault weapons is a threat to the public!

A kid in a bathroom with a toy gun is not a threat.

All the foresight in the world couldn't have prevented this. And they didn't even wait for the kid's parents to arrive to try and negotiate with him. They just... shot him.

Good job fellas. Maybe next time the gun will be in the next room when you decide to off a suspect.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sad and horrible.

But you can bet the SWAT member who shot the kid is in a LOT of hot water, if not already facing criminal charges.

Not that this somehow makes things better. Because there is absolutely no getting a life back.

Geoff said...

No. No criminal charges. Officer never get charged unless it's a malicious attack. There will be an inquiry, and he will be cleared of any wrongdoing.

Typical.

D. said...

Yeah, I heard a bit about this and as I was reading said to myself "well, if somebody pointed a gun at me, I'd sure as hell shoot them before they shot me"

If they knew it was a bb gun, that's one thing...but the article says

"Officers who had responded to the 1,100-student school in suburban Orlando believed the gun was a Beretta 9 mm, and didn't learn until after the shooting that it was a pellet gun."

so I'm confused.

And if you want some brutal honesty, that kid wasn't exactly a genius for bringing a gun to a school, and certainly not for pointing it at somebody."fake" or not.

Not that it makes it right, but I guess I can understand it a little more than you can.

Of course if they knew it was a BB gun (which the article also kind of mentions), then it doesn't take a swat member to deal with that.

That's fucking bullshit.

Stephanie said...

Well, if it's possible at all, the parents WILL sue (city/state), I bet.

Something I'm trying to figure out it how the hell someone UP CLOSE (meaning the deputy that was right there with him) couldn't tell it was just a pellet gun.

That they were so specific with the type of gun they thought it was is also strange to me.

Maybe..maybe the kid is actually really glad he died..

Geoff said...

If I saw someone, who I knew wasn't in a right state of mind, I wouldn't shoot. The SWAT is automatically called when a school goes into lockdown, so them being there was kind of an uncontrolled occurrence. But, like I said, he had the opportunity to shoot other students, but didn't. Why? Because he didn't want to hurt anybody. He himself was the only person he expected to die.