Tuesday, January 17, 2006

New Music is a million times better

...than old music.

Seriously. Somebody here in Calgary told me that Mogwai sucked, and I wouldn't like it. I want to hurt them so bad. So BAD! And since when does Sigur Ros count as emo? It's not even in English!

In any event, I'd like to pass on my own bit of taste. Thanks to my friend Josh for pointing out Atomship, perhaps one of the coolest bands to come out of the deep south of the United States. Check them out. Very skilled guitar players, but the vocals take a bit to get used to, as does the style. Very good though, I'm looking forward to their next album.

I'm probably going to have to go on the hunt soon for more new stuff.

1 comment:

D. said...

fuck anybody that thinks Mogwai sucks!

one of the greatest bands EVER.

As for calling music Emo, I'm tired of it. People like to think it's a real genre among all the other made up genres and it's annoying as fuck.