Thursday, January 05, 2006

Attack of the Nerve

Anxiety attacks.

Well, I don't see how they can call them attacks. It's more like a mutiny, where nerves suddenly declare themselves too good for the feckless body they inhabit, and deside to go to arms against the greater cortex. The brain fights back by creating spasms, hot and cold flashes, and violent bouts of paranoia, which in the end, prove to be about as effective as kamikaze in ending the conflict.

What a joy the human "nervous" system is. If it wasn't bad enough dealing with other people, I must constantly duel with myself over seemingly harmless things.

In any event, anybody played the new Prince of Persia? The first one didn't have enough fighting, the second one had too much. The third one? Just right.

2 comments:

D. said...

The best way to deal with anxiety attacks is to stop caring.

ahhhh, there we go. Feels nice.

Still haven't played the two thrones, I own the second one and kind of gave up on it for whatever reason, so we'll see.

The first one was brilliant though.

Geoff said...

Apathy isn't something that I attune easily to. I'm too sensitive to the emotions of the people around me.

But tequila and some good company last night seems to have fixed me up right proper. I just need some sleep now.

I also just finished jamming on the guitar. I really needed to record myself today. I don't know what it is, but it was like magic.