Saturday, January 14, 2006

Strange Discomfort

There are certain circumstances that I never wish anyone to experience.

Being the invisible third wheel while a friend and his girlfriend fight to the point of almost breaking up is one of them. Actually, just being a third wheel to begin with is bad enough, although after witnessing their little spat last night, I can safely say that it's times like this that I don't mind being single so much. The only conflicts I have to contend with are ones of my own conscious or subconscious invention, and even with those, I know exactly what I'm up against. There's no guesswork. There's no hurt feelings. There's no immaturity.

We're talking about 21 year olds behaving like self-righteous, spoiled little brats.
I mean, seriously, get the fuck over yourselves. Grow up. Or somesuch like that.

Patience is one required trait, and humour is another.
If one finds the other lacking, then they really shouldn't bother.

No comments: