Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back into the Thick

So, I've just become aware that on the 9th, we go back to classes. Fucked up classes. Classes beginning at noon, and running until 6:00.

So, my creativity. I've lost it. Has anybody seen where it went?
Ah, it's heaped over there with my notions of compassion and nobility.

Just before diving back into the thick of things, I've got the sudden compulsive urge to return to the ocean, and take a boat out onto the cold winter currents. This would be the worst time of year for sailing, but I just have the urge to leave land, and everybody on it. Take to the water, and visit islands with no people, listen to things besides voices.

I've also got a craving for salads and pizza. Always the goddamn pizza. I've had it twice this week. No more.

No more alcohol this week either. Not unless it's wine. One doesn't need so much alcohol to enjoy themselves. No more.

I'm thinking of things right now. Some people, yes. I do think about some people. But things... I will be doing in the coming weeks. Practicum will come all too soon. I'm hoping my friend will want to take me. I'm not keen on leaving the city this time. There will be assignments that I will need to find time to do, but time won't be an issue. Motivation will.

I think - maybe - somewhere, somebody's smiling for me. Because they know I won't be.

No comments: