Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tornado Watch

A Tornado Watch was issued for Calgary and the surrounding areas today. Quite the buzz in the media. They always were ones to hype the buzz about just about anything though, as the supposed "supercells" ended up being dry clouds with not even so much as a spit of rain or a crackle of lightning. (Famous last words.)

Work was a zoo, sale on, cameras selling good, as usual. Family from Texas returned on Friday, and demanded that there be family pictures taken. My dog Sarge had some trouble with the point'n shoots. Anyone who knows anything about photography knows that dogs have different retinas than humans, so instead of giving off the mildly annoying "red eye" that plagues people, my poor pooch ended up ruining six of the better shots because the reflections out of his eyes produced bright and dynamic green lense flares. I kid you not, these are the variety with the parallax rings and everything.

So I ended up busting out "my" camera for some retakes. I have an external flash that can pivot, so I did some bounce flashes, problem solved.

I've noticed that the number and... variety of the comments across my blog have taken a nosedive in the last couple weeks. Understandable, as everyone is working/schooling/both. I find it ironic that as this blog nears it's one-year birthday, it returns to the state that it started in, a comment-less rambling of eclectic things by a social inept who likes to complain a lot... poetically.

Pictures. I always have pictures. More to come.

2 comments:

apples said...

Work/school/both... Excuses. I have none. I used to write in my blog to get my thoughts out and to escape the real world. Now I'm seeking refuge in the real world, perhaps to avoid my thoughts which exist in the purest form where I manage to make sense of them and write them down.

Your dog is so cute!

E said...

I hear ya. I feel like I barely have time to write anything myself these days, and then I feel like such a Taker for expecting others to read my stuff but not making time to read and/or comment on their writings. Which is why I'm here at 12:50am...

I'm always reading even if I'm not commenting. I generally don't want to leave anything stupid, so if I'm tired or on a particular rant, I sometimes just stifle it rather than risking making a horse's a** out of myself in the pages of the august Thought Storm. :)