Friday, June 24, 2005

Blitz

Today was a bit of a blitz. I slept for 10 hours last night, a long sleep that felt too short accounting for the amount of stuff that needed to be done today.

My first stop on the to-do list was the chiropractor. My third and final followup after a lengthy period without any form of spinal adjustment. Sleeping on the horse-trailer floor took a bigger toll on me than I thought. Everything from my waist to my neck had knotted, and required and extra snap to correct. Despite popular horror stories that play chiropractic treatments and painfull and unnecessary, I find it to be rather painless (this coming from someone who enjoys cracking their fingers), and more necessary than antibiotics for living in comfort.

Next on my list was a short hop to the convenience store for some snacks to pad my breaks at work. I get hungry working 8 hours, and I'm experimenting with ways to get food in to eat that doesn't come in packages of 20.

The hours have just flown by, and it's hard to believe that I'm sitting here, writing this, when it felt like the day should have more left to it. Reading the news, I feel like there was definitely more that should have been done today, but not necessarily by me. Oh well. Trying to claim too much responsibility for something is just disaster waiting to happen... but if nobody else is willing to step up to the plate, then things just stall.

Nectarines. We got some today. A sign that summer's here, and I'm missing it because I'm working. Not that there's much to miss right now. The water is finally going down, so I'll have to go venture the mud soon to get some more new pictures.

No comments: