Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ouch

All the preparation and training in the world can't help weak arms deal with a shifty load. I was lifting a boxed basketball net when the load shifted from one side of the other, and the box went with it. That's all fine and good, it didn't fall on anyone, but in the process, it grated a goodly layer of skin off my right wrist. Abrasions and discomfort follow.

Getting home, I noticed the wound turning an off colour, usually a sign of pending infection. So I opened up a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and cleaned the wound. It looks normal now, minus the screaming pain in my wrist. I'm just waiting for the polysporin to kick in, to calm the pain.

Honestly, one rough little abrasion, and then I have to go through all this work just to get it semi-treated. Can't leave it though, injuries tend to raise concerns at work, so I'm showing that I'm not brushing it off.

I'll have some more pictures either tommorrow or Tuesday. Probably Tuesday, as I'll be out and about. Weather's been pretty spectacular lately, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to flaunt a few of those pictures by Tuesday.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You are THE ONLY person I have EVER heard reference Polysporin.

I tell people to put some Poly on something and they're like, "say what now?"

Anyway. I am oddly pleased by this.