Monday, June 27, 2005

My Favorite Four Letter Word

My schedule was changed. Somewhere, somehow, I don't know or care why. Its just changed. Which means that I'm going to be working tommorrow, instead of out taking pictures.

The "little" abrasion on my wrist has inflammated, in spite of the many antiseptics I used on it. I think its just an ugly little wound that refuses to heal properly. There's no sign of infection, but it's still incredibly sore. It's very likely that it will form a scar, which wouldn't be a bad thing, seeing as how the wound is oddly shaped like a wave.

It's raining again, and it's dark and cold. I'm tired, I was looking forward to a short break, but like some ignorant hero in a fantasy novel, what appears to be the last hurdle turns out to be only one of the first.

Fuck, I hate weekdays.

Edit: Turns out I didn't have to work at all. Just my schedule for this week and next week were so similar that I ended up mixing the two up. So I ended up trekking out into the pouring rain and cold for nothing, save a few groceries. Oh, and Battlefield 2.

Another Edit:



Think of it as a papercut about the size of a loonie (roughly 2.5 cm for those who don't know what a loonie is).

7 comments:

D. said...

I demand pictures of this wound!

Geoff said...

There is something seriously wrong with your morbid fascination of the wound, D. However, it's the lesser of wrongs in this world, so I'll see what I can do.

People did, after all, download billions of copies of people being beheaded in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Iran. So what's a little abrasion compared to that?

Stephanie said...

hahaha

D. said...

Ouch, that does look a little painful and weird.

off topic: How does Battlefield 2 run for you? I hear it takes a pretty high-end system to run it decently, so I'm concerned and don't feel like wasting my money.

Geoff said...

It runs like butter for me. I have a pretty good rig with an nVidia 6800. Needs a patch though, included with BF2. I have a good ping for local servers too. Usually, my ping is so low that any lag is actually from the server itself.

apples said...

what's a loonie?

Geoff said...

A "loonie" is the Canadian Dollar. It's a small round coin about an inch and a half in diameter, and it's named after the Loon on the side opposite the Queen's face.