Friday, June 24, 2005

Big Skies


Another motorcycle shot, this one on extreme wide angle. Looking at the sky, you'd find it hard to believe that less than an hour after I was done my pictures, we got hit by a massive thunderstorm. Well, that's foothills weather I guess...

In other news, I went to a house party on Wednesday night. Not cool, not an enjoyable event. I had to drive in the morning, so I was the only sober one amongst a mob of drunken, drooling fools. I don't mind social drinking, but when you're best friend is a bottle of Vodka, and you find yourself hitting on the host's dog, you know it's gone from social drinking to social dementia.

To top it all off, they bedded me on the floor of a horse trailer. On the human side of it, but still, sleeping on a hard, slanted floor is not only difficult, it's damnably uncomfortable. It felt good to drive home after that, and sleep in a real bed, with my own blankets and a soft mattress.

3 comments:

apples said...

You should have slept on the bathroom floor...

This all sounds very familiar though. I've been told by foreigners that it seems 'going out' in Norway means the same as 'getting completely and utterly wasted'.

I don't mind going out, drinking and all that. But drinking just to get drunk, every weekend, vomiting is just cool, now that's not something I enjoy.

And the next day you'll hate yourself anyway.

Stephanie said...

The predominant cloud in the sky in that photograph is VERY cool.

Geoff said...

apples, the bathrooms at this party were off limits. Another funny story involved there, the sewage system out at the acreage (where the party was) was strained, so they locked the bathrooms. No tree was left unmarked. Nuff said.