Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tumble

So. I supposedly look good in a black leather jacket. I've only been wearing them for three years, and now suddenly they "look good."

Sheesh.

Next they'll be saying socks are a novel concept.

As the Reading Week trip to Fernie edges ever-closer, I've been having some dreadful thoughts about what could go wrong on the trip. That would be me, the "eternal pessimist". But the lack of contingency planning, or any planning for that matter, has left me shaking my head. We're not even sure how we're all getting out there. I've got my car, and that's all I'm counting on. Aside from that, I guess this is what happens when people let the ass do the decision making, and the brain takes the cheap-seats.

Coming with me are my two really good and trustworthy friends. My guitar, and my electric keyboard. The latter hasn't seen the light of day in nigh a year or two, so it'll be good to pull out and reminisce of the days when I could fool around and nobody would care what godawful noise I made.

Hell. They call that Industrial now.

It snowed and rained today. I've never seen the sun and snow fight over a patch of sky so vigorously before. I was blinded by the combination of light and snowflakes trying to enter my eyes. Weird. I think the sun and the blowing, and the snow can all take a hike for a couple weeks. I'm about ready for some monotone grey, with mild temperatures, and zero chance for bullshit in the forecast.

-30 would be nice too. We haven't hit that yet this winter, and I want to get that out of the way before spring gets here.

3 comments:

D. said...

oh christ, the leather jacket must go nice with your sleevless shirts.

haha.

I kid, I kid. That is all.

Stephanie said...

Hehehe...leather jackets are great, and I've never claimed anything otherwise. They're timeless.

Geoff said...

Oh yeah. Sleeveless, hand-torn tees, black leather jackets, and leopard print drawers.

I'm all over it.

Hell. My paladin wears a bright magenta cape. Yes, I said it. magenta.