Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wireless Woes

Perhaps the biggest downside to a wireless internet connection, is that there isn't a convenient wire to hang yourself by when it malfunctions.

Sorry about my lack of posts recently. I've been wrestling with this sack of shit that I call the internet. There's nothing quite like having six wireless connections to choose from, and having none of them work. Shy of wracking up a long distance bill of over $100, this is the only means I have to keep in touch with people over great distances.

I'm also sad to hear that Ryan is deleting his blog. It might be irony, but we finally got some fucking potatoes, and now I won't need them anymore. Sorry buddy. If you're on MSN, give me a shout, and I'll see if I can WoW it up with ya. I seem to recall you oweing me a rematch duel sometime.

In other news, when was Halloween? I seemed to have missed it. Along with all the catwomen, french maids, witches, succubi, and plainly scantly clad women. Geeezus, I miss all the good things in life.

4 comments:

apples said...

You didn't do Halloween? Here kids were throwing eggs on houses and cars and making fires on the stairs. The police said apparently they weren't happy with what people gave them.

American traditions don't translate well.

Geoff said...

Yeah, there was some egg-throwing and fire-starting here too.

I just didn't get out to see it. Or anything for that matter.

Definitely a sign that I'm getting old.

Trevor said...

Oct 31 I was walking down the halls of Nait and I ran across, a blood splattered werewolf, Morpheus in the Court yard, and some kind of devil lady in red clothes. That was pretty much the extent of my Halloween. I guess it was better than last year when I witnessed a bunch of techheads dress up as a partial fleet off Startrek, man that was embarrassing, people you respect molding into the total geek category, even if only for that one day. Still when I look back its kind of funny.

I think as we get older these so called holidays loose meanings, then again I couldn’t figure out how to top two years ago, where I made a little kid so scared that he started balling and his mom had to literally drag him to the door. Hahah I think over did it with the ketchup all over the sidewalk, and self recorded noises coming from the garage.

Good times

Jennifer said...

We never get to celebrate Halloween in Australia, not really -- even though I am a monster.