Monday, November 14, 2005

Planetarian for a Day in the Heavens

You may have your speck of blue,
you may keep your realm of dust.
Space is the the realm where I dwell,
I ride about on the sun's warm gusts.

Amongst the clouds of Venus,
Through the deep red chasms of Mars.
To feel the warm rays of sunlight on my walls.
To walk along the night side of Charon's deepened halls.

Sedna was a distant dream,
a blood red pearl on the lace.
Oort's cloud only rains once,
I catch the drops on my brow.

Saturn dances with the Titan,
Her rings an open dress,
mythology rewritten by her timeless waltz,
Her song does not know death.

Sol, the lonely king of this sphere,
his glowing yellow raiment held low,
his partner long since gone,
he is now left all alone.

So live your little ant lives,
On your little ant world.
You don't know the world,
you don't know the space.

You couldn't learn to share,
You aren't even that aware,
I wonder, would you even care?
If you suddenly perished in a solar flare.

No comments: