Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Snow

It's like the fimbulvetr out there right now.

Snow and cold like I haven't seen for years. Snow and cold and wind and cloud, all swirling around like a tempest. I can't go out there without a heavy jacket anymore. It's too cold, too windy.

I'm tempted to take a picture, but I don't know how well my camera would do in the cold and wind. I don't want to get ice crystals in the body, as that would utterly destroy my camera. It's like Christmas, except... where's the warmth?

The shoppers are still out though. Nothing save their own demise can stop them from trying to find that "perfect gift." Death could be all about them, and they wouldn't care. As long as Sears is open for another couple of hours, nothing else matters.

Nothing else matters.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've given up on the gift giving thing.