Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blood from a Stone

Sometimes my work pulls too much from me, and it gets to the point where my hands metaphorically bleed. That is, my inspiration flees, my drive dies, and I just want to go to sleep.

Journalism, it could be said, would be like being a contest with a rock, and seeing who will bleed first. I've dealt with countless good people, who have made my life easier, and I will always think highly of them, and give them the favourable side of the quill. But for every one good, there are three obstinate, rude, or self-absorbed people.

I can understand retail, where you must try to sell these people something. But relying on them for the information to complete my work, it is the bane of my life at this point. I don't want to have to rely on people who hate me because of some stupid prejudice they got from watching too much television. I'm not interested in "the big scoop," I'm not interested in getting the celebrity's face, up close and personal. I'm only interested in what's happening, what's new, what's newsworthy.

On a sidenote, somebody hooked me up with some contemporary Radiohead. It's good stuff. I'll probably pick some of their CD's up when I go to pick up Air, and Gun for my Gamecube.

Western. Mmmm...

Those on the latest MSN are probably familiar with this illustration.


Yes. I actually do look like that right now.

4 comments:

apples said...

Why would those on the latest MSN probably be familiar with the illustration?

Did I miss something?

Geoff said...

Because anyone that talks to me on MSN sees that picture. It's my avatar.

I think, anything before a certain version doesn't show avatar pictures.

apples said...

Avatar? As in your normal MSN picture or something different?

Haven't seen you on there yet so it appears I did miss something...

Geoff said...

Yeah, regular MSN picture I guess. As for not seeing me yet, that's usually to be expected. I think its something like four in the morning in Norway when I'm up and about.