Sunday, November 27, 2005

Fade Away

Silly moment for the day. My ginormous headphones are on, blasting Nine Inch Nails at maximum volume. I'm sitting here, in front of my glowing screen, tap-tapping like mad on the keyboard, furiously making no progress on my news article.

Only when the song ends do I realize that my mother is standing at the door, apparently telling me something important. I still can't hear her through the bullet-proof leather covers on my headphones. So I slowly remove them from their deathgrip on my head.

"...you know? Give it some thought, you could probably make it for three months."

I guess she finally read my Christmas list.

Is it any wonder that it looks less like a list of toys, and more an equipment manifest for a theoretical sound studio?

I'm still not an artist.

Yet.

1 comment:

Trevor said...

Everyone's an artist; as long as you show passion, enjoy what you’re doing, no matter how bad it is, just as long as you like it that’s all that matters. Unless of course you plan on making a career out your art then the latter half means everything.

Christmas list… what’s that? Haha I just told my parents a new digital camera would be great(fingers crossed), one that takes pictures at night without the use of a flash. I guess I grew out of all that stuff, I highly doubt were even putting up a tree this year, lately we just go jasper, spend the holiday season in a really nice hotel, which leaves us broke as hell for buying gifts, but the whole family thing is top notch, which is what Christmas is all about.

Plus its awesome waking up Christmas morning to a huge fire going in the fireplace and walking outside when its –27, the snow glistening the fog fading from around the monstrous giant mountains that hover above. Its like a fairy tale.

Who am I kidding that new Gibson SG-61 re release would be awesome. :)