Monday, April 24, 2006

Nap Time

It must be summer. We're not even a week in, and already everybody's going. Either that, or I've been communally banned from MSN, and I must now go and talk to people in real life. Oh the horror. As long as I can have a five-foot beating stick for when somebody says something stupid, I should be okay.

I do understand I haven't been updating as frequently as I should be. There's a very simple reason for that.

I'm running out of things to say. Or rather, I'm running out of things to say that won't come back to bite me. Blogging is indeed supposed to be about expression, and mine has been... eclectic, emotional, humerous, and at times, aggravating to certain people. However, the scope of things I've put up on here has decayed greatly in the last while, for reasons I'd prefer not discuss here.

Politics? Boring, there's enough politico blogs in the crazy-sphere out there to satiate even the most ravenous citizen.

Emotions? As much as I would like to discuss what I'm feeling, I'm sure none of you want to hear about it, much less read about it, even less discuss it.

Music? I can only beat that dead horse so many times before it rises in unholy undeath to spite me.

Artistic errata? Please. Not naming any names, but if all the interpretations come up as suicide, I really, really think it's time for a change.

Movies? Don't watch any.

TV? Don't watch any.

So I guess the last two beg the question, just what do I do all day?
Most don't believe me when I tell them, so I guess I'll just lay down the stereotype here and now. Of course. I've got nothing better to do than play videogames all day in my basement. I do nothing else and have no higher aspirations for my life then melding with the couches and achieving level 30.

I can't think of any of my friends that honestly believe that, but it seems there's no end to the people who will preach it.

I'm heading out again tonight, with my camera. I'm hoping to have another post before 2a.m. detailing the fruits of my labour.

Until then, I'm going to be napping.

Good night, oh you twisted mockery of a world.

3 comments:

apples said...

Same thing happened to me - I have nothing to write about.

And even if I did, it wouldn't be worth it to turn on the pc, go online, find blogger and... even thinking about doing that is exhausting. There should be an easier way.

I started blogging to get things I'm thinking about out somewhere so I don't have to think about them anymore. A while ago I realized this has changed; I'll see or hear something, then I might think how to write it, so much so that I'd already got it out before getting around to writing about it.

E said...

Yep. Same here. Writers block; or rather, interesting writing block. I don't want to write crap just to say I blogged.

but I'm looking forward to some good photos!! ;)

Geoff said...

Well, your wait is over.

Enjoy!