Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lassiter

Yes, and yes. I'm up before midday. It's a strange feeling, really. I was in bed before midnight last night, and I had to force myself to sleep. Tossed and turned most of the night too.

But anyway, here I am. I'm going in this morning for a visit to my Chiropractor. Before anyone goes off the deep end and starts ordering me a funeral or a wheelchair, just let me say this. All that horseshit about chiropractors not doing anything, or causing people to die is just that. Utter fetid horseshit. In my entire life, I've only heard of two people dying from chiropractic treatment, and that's pretty good considering I've heard of hundreds of people dying from malpractice during surgery or chemotherapy.

So, consider it next time you're having those kidneys checked out. If your back hurts (as mine does right now) it might not be such a bad thing to have a professional check it out, rather than denying there's a problem.

Rant over.

Otherwise, I got quite a bit of work to do today. I'm not saying anything for sure, but don't be surprised if I'm not online at all.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

Chiropractors are awesome. About two years ago I was packing up my stuff when I lived in Edmonton grabbed my computer monitor turned the wrong way and fell down. I don’t know what I did but I couldn’t walk. I remember I had final that day; I was literally in tears from the pain while writing my final. Anyways to cut a long story short, I went to the Chiropractor and the guy is a miracle worker, especially when he slams his knee into your back and you hear that snap, then you walk out feeling like a million bucks. That is till the next time I do something stupid to my back.

apples said...

why do you all write Chiropractor with a capital C?

Geoff said...

Force of habit I guess. Maybe it's just a sign of our deep respect for the profession.