Monday, April 03, 2006

A Minor Detail

I went to see V for Vendetta tonight. It was a very compelling movie, very intriguing. There's few movies that are that long, and yet hold my attention right through to the end.

As a minor afterthough, after daylight savings time is factored in, it is indeed 2:00 in the morning. And I am not the least bit tired. The sun went down late today, and even then, the skies refused to don their darkest garb, as the moon's brilliant crescent broached the heavens.

To put it bluntly, it's just not dark, and I feel I should be up and doing something while there is still enough light for my eyes to see. I'm waiting, and any moment now, someone in the household will utilize their sixth sense to realize I'm not in bed by this point, and will make a point of rousing themselves from sleep to come and harangue me about my nocturnal tendency. All the while complaining about how early we all have to be up tommorrow, when really, my prescence - or lack thereof - is of no consequence any other time than when it is of the least importance.

Rant aside, I swear on my wristwatch that I will take some pictures tommorrow. The weather has been oscillating between overcast and gorgeous, and it would just not be fitting to let another 24 hours go by without a photograph being taken. Who knows? Maybe a certain face will catch the light just so, and allow me to immortalize it in a digital photograph.

One can only wish.

Also as a minor detail, one would believe that the power of words have any kind of sway, but all the verbose charm in the world has never succeeded like drunken charisma and a set of washboard abs.

For shame.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Also as a minor detail, one would believe that the power of words have any kind of sway, but all the verbose charm in the world has never succeeded like drunken charisma and a set of washboard abs.

I know for sure I'm not the only one who perceives "drunken charisma" as merely obnoxious, immature behaviour worthy of some serious eye rolling, and washboard abs as intimidating and not that sexy at all.

I'd take some genuine intelligence and a flabby middle over that anyday. ...Absolutely ANYDAY.

I've seriously always wondered WHO the people are that can actually STAND those frat-like abercrombie loving boys.

E said...

Amen, Sister Stephanie.

On another topic, what's your review of the movie, Raine? Does it support terrorism as I've read in some places? Does Natalie Portman redeem herself from all those terrible Star Wars movies? What's the word, yo?!

Geoff said...

Hehe. What's with all the movie review requests? Alright. I'm doing it for class, I might as well put it into practice. Give me a day or two to get my thoughts in order...

I might really have to get in touch with a friend of a friend too. She's seen it four times, and would probably tear a strip off me from long distance if I misrepresented her new favorite movie.

Steph, the people who STAND those "frat-like abercrombie loving boys" are the ones who believe that such behaviour is the realm of the straight man. Anything less direct... less borne from the cave-man era, must be homosexual. Or, just plain weak.

As I always say, I don't know what's worse: The fish, or the bait they're biting.