Wednesday, April 05, 2006

John Dies at 56

Music is a great thing, but its sad that some of the best of it will never reach the light of day.

John Dies at 56 is in fact, not an obituary, but rather the name of a song. It's sitting on a very talented musician's desk right now, and will never reach the radio or speakers in our cars. It will never find itself ripped unceremoniously onto a computer. It will never be pirated, copied, bragged about, or enjoyed.

It's the name of a song that Mogwai and Neverending White Lights produced. I can't think of a better team, and I practically salivated at the prospect...

But the label backed out.

So now it's on Daniel Victor's desk.

This is proof that there is no God. Or if there is, he's teasing us.

8 comments:

D. said...

This is the saddest thing I have read all day.

God is dead.

Geoff said...

Yeah. I'm especially upset that Mr. Victor can't even release the song how it is... unfinished.

Labels suck.

Trevor said...

Mark my word if it was played once live, or even if there is a rough demo of it, it will be on the net.

God isnt dead, he just doesent like Mogwai.

Geoff said...

It's not on the net, because it's never been played. It's a half-finished demo sitting on a CD on DV's desk. It never really got any farther than that.

I mean, seriously Trevor... if it was on the net somewhere, you think I wouldn't have found it by now? ;)

Hehe... pissing off God by listening to Mogwai. Hah. Boy-oh-boy, he better have damn good smiting ready for me then.

D. said...

if god doesn't like Mogwai, it's no wonder I don't believe in 'em.

apples said...

the comment I left yesterday seems to have... disappeared. spooky.

how do you know a song exists, a song you've never heard, a song no one has heard, a song which you seem to believe is a song worth hearing?

Stephanie said...

Yes, I'm with Apples. How do you know it exists?

Geoff said...

Because DV told me it exists. It's one of two or three pieces that never made it onto his CD due to label issues, etc.