Thursday, April 13, 2006

Discipline wasn't in the Job Description

I'm about ready to declare a WoW boycott in my house. It's gotten to the point where I just want to take a rusty chainsaw to the computer, and then when I'm done with that, turn it on whoever's nearby it.

My sis, who is a lazy and foul-tempered broad most of the time, seems to supplement her generally foul mood with a terminal World of Warcraft addiction. Her sloth and vile has gotten so bad that she can't even be bothered to answer the goddamned phone when it's ringing (it's right beside her). Her excuse? "Can't you see I'm f*cking busy on the f*cking computer? What are you doing that you can't answer the phone?"

Besides the fact that I'm in the basement, where there is no phone, and the act of A) Detecting a phone ringing, and then (B) Making a mad dash for it while trying not to kill myself flying up the stairs, not a whole lot, but that is beside the point. She's got the phone right there, so I made a point of telling her, take the headset off, and just answer the phone.

Simple solution. What's her answer?

She threw the phone at me.

I'm not getting paid anything to tend to my parent's children. If nothing else, I should be getting hazard pay. I'm wondering where it was that I diverged so badly from my siblings to the point I'm ashamed to call them family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. That is no good. I feel for you. Mine threw a chair at me once.

Stephanie said...

My oldest sister was really mean to Fair, and still is, only verbally now more than physically.

Fair and I get along amazingly well. We maybe slapped one another on occasion or pulled hair now and then when we were very young, but...I dunno.

Geoff said...

Yeah. Well, my bro's punched me I don't know how many times. But I can let that go because he's a brainless neandrethal.

My sister though... used to pretty much mind her own business until we put World of Warcraft on that computer. Now she's just a crack bitch.

I should feel bad saying that, but there's no running from the truth.

D. said...

You should just uninstall the game and then hide in the basement when she starts going insane.

Or throw the discs at her and tell her to break them and slit her own wrists with them.

Or next time the phone is ringing calmy walk by and get it, and proceed to beat her to death with it once you pick it up.

Oh, I guess these things are all too mean. I guess I'm in that mood.

apples said...

You sound like my brother.

Then again, so does your sis.

Trevor said...

I feel your pain, mine does shit like that all the time. Most of the time she’s pretty decent, but when she gets into her pissy moods or whatever, just stay clear.

The sad part my parents always take her side so no matter what I do, I’m in the wrong. Still that pretty fucking retarded the phone is right there.

apples said...

why do all guys sound like my brother?

what he does is sit in his room all day, playing games on the computer. when I'm home (three times a year) I see him 30 mins each day, and that's only cuz he has to eat.

if anyone tries to talk to him he gets mad and declare my sister or I or whoever are in, what Trevor so eloquently described as "pissy moods or whatever".

sometimes it's hard to see how our own behaviour affects others...

Geoff said...

I don't see how asking someone to answer the phone if it's right there is cause to have it thrown at me.

When somebody's talking to me, and I'm preoccupied on the computer, I generally at least listen. I've never thrown a hissyfit because somebody inconvenienced me on a videogame.

It's just a game, after all.

And, as we discussed earlier, apples. You were right. Videogames do make people violent.

apples said...

all I'm saying is: could there be another reason she's acting like that towards you?

or is it as simple as "she only cares about the game"?

Geoff said...

Well, the reasoning is simple. She's involved in what she deems to be an important activity that requires all of her attention and facilities. She hates being pulled away from it, and she hates when somebody trivializes it.

Other than that, I don't really know or care why she feels she has to be a hag. Civility costs nothing to use.